Sunday, February 15, 2009

Examine Me, Lord

Scripture: Psalm 26:2
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; Try my mind and my heart.

Observation:
David is asking the Lord to examine him, he is walking in the right way, but he needs the Lord's help in making sure. So he asks the Lord to examine, test him, see if his motives are pure.

Application:
I need to ask the Lord to examine me also. I may think in my own mind that I am doing right in all things, but the Lord knows better than I do. I don't want to be one of those "Christians" who on the last day says to the Lord, But Lord I did this and this in your name, then He tells me He doesn't know me. That would be truly devastating. The Lord will show me where I need to make changes in my life, I just have to be willing to make them. When the Lord returns if I have faithfully done what He has instructed, He will welcome me, instead of looking at me as if I am some stranger.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, please examine me and show me where I need to change. Help me to accept what you show me Lord. Help me make the changes necessary to have life everlasting with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment