Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We Don't Know it All

Scripture: Acts 18: 25-26
This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John. So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

Observation:
Apollos starts "witnessing" to the people, yet he only knew certain things. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they taught him more about God. Justus was receptive to their teachings and afterward went on to speak in other places with the disciples.

Application:
I like this part of the story..it shows that we never really stop learning. We should be open to the teaching of God. He may send someone to us that we would least expect. But if their words line up with the Bible then we should consider what is being said. When you think you know it all and nobody can teach you anything...watch out because you are fooling yourself. God is a great teacher and I have a lot to learn.

Prayer:
Dear Lord help me be open to what you are trying to teach me. Help me to receive whomever you choose to direct me. Keep me humble in service to you Lord and help me be bold in proclaiming You to others. In Jesus Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment