Friday, February 13, 2009

More Blessed to Give than to Receive

Scripture: Acts 20:35
I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Observation:
Paul is visiting the church leaders for the last time and he talks with them and says that they know him, he hasn't kept anything from them. He tells them that he has shown them by his examples how they ought to serve and to remember that Jesus said it was better to give than to receive.

Application:
Why am I serving the Lord? Is it because people expect me to and I don't want to let them down? Could it be that I want recognition for a job well done? I will tell you it is none of those things. I take ministry work seriously and I like to do it well, but it is not because I want to be noticed or because it is expected of me. I serve because I enjoy doing it for the Lord. I enjoy being part of something that helps people develop a closer relationship with Jesus. When I do get noticed, I am surprised and sometimes don't know how to respond, but the Lord has helped me and this is what I must do when I get any praise and that is give it directly to God because without Him, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for using me and allowing me to be a participant in shining your light to others. Thank you for your love and guidance. Help me to see the blessings that you bestow upon me when I share your love with others. In Jesus Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment